Ad

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Time marches on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfL-ZjLL-Tg

The above link is to a quick video of a Doctor Who episode called "Timecrash". Not to get into how I found it, I just want to review why I'm posting about it.

Back in the late 1970s/early 1980s I was rabid about Dr. Who. Tom Baker had just morphed into Peter Davison. Number 5. I watched the show constantly on Sundays back in Chicago on WTTW. Around the time of #7, the BBC did their "no more Dr. Who" thing, and I lost track of the show. A few years back, I caught a few web episodes on the BBC site, but really couldn't get into it because of bandwidth issues. Fast forward to today. The show is on SciFi channel, the last time I saw it. Dr. #10. Wow.

There is a British organization called Children in Need. This clip comes from that fund-raiser. So I watched it. And lo and behold, we have a version of the Two Doctors all over again. Albeit within a timeframe of roughly over 8 minutes. Which is all that was really needed. The end line is a tear jerker for me.

Dr. #5: "To days to come."

Dr. #10: "All my love to long ago."

And that, folks, is what Doctor Who is really all about. Fond memories, and the promise of adventure with a trusted commrade.

I raise my glass to the Doctor. All of them. :-)




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment