Ad

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Riddle me this...

Why is it that millennials and younger have no patience? I can't count how many times I've been contacted either by phone, or emails or SMS, with people trying to sell me something, only to have them not answer, or not leave some kind of message. Why do you assume that I'm not interested in what you have for me? Just because I don't answer you as soon as you are in my face doesn't necessarily mean I'm not going to interact with you. If you don't leave a message, I'm not going to answer with a follow up because I don't think you're worth it.

I'm a Boomer. Boomers are a dying breed that still believe in taking our time in doing things. I'm going to stop and consider what it is that you are offering.  It might be a few minutes, or it could be a couple of weeks. That doesn't mean that I've lost interest. Kids today trying to market anything want instant gratification. If I didn't buy their product, they move on. Whatever happened to the art of landing the sale? I've averaged 16 hour work days my whole life. I'm not going to take what I earned in those 16 hours and willy-nilly throw it at you for something that doesn't have value to me. Nor am I going to waste time pursuing you with a response if you didn't leave a message to begin with. I don't care how valuable your product is.

No comments:

Post a Comment